Saturday, July 26, 2008

A new day!!

I decided I would go outside and take some pictures. I felt like a kid on some sort of a safari. The dogs thought they needed in on the act so I took their pictures. Aren't they cute? I only say that so they can't hear. And these two characters think they are people. Diesel is the one in the front and Spot in the back. Spot is a bluetick hound and a drooly dude that thinks he is the boss. Diesel is just a sweet dog that loves attention. He has appointed himself the llama watcher. He spends most of his time in the pasture down the street with our llamas. If one of them gets out he follows it wherever until it is returned to its pasture.
Here are a few young fowl not yet laying eggs.

Here is an ancient piece of equipment in the field. It was used on this farm way long years ago.

A close up of the sunflowers grown by Joel.

I just liked this~an old piece of wood and a shovel...

This is a unique tree only grown at the Balmforths' in Woodville. Its scientific name is Palmpine. Actually eaten by the resident goats a few years ago. Its hangin on by the skin of its teeth.

More fish...

See the fish. There is a great big koi but he was camera shy!!

Here is the backyard pond. You would have had a laugh watching me take these pictures. I was on my belly trying to get a picture of the fish.

Here is a close up of the apples on the tree.

This is one of the apple trees in our yard. It looks like we may even get some apples this year.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You really have an eye for photography Valerie! :) Your place looks great too!! Love you!!