Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beautiful flowers

Well, I tried to capture a little of the out of doors at the Balmforth quarters without exposing ALL of the other stuff. This is out by a pond Joel created. He carved this owl with a chainsaw many years ago.
Flowers he planted that have come up voluntarily this year!




This is part of his corn in his square foot garden. However it incapsulates much more than one square foot. Ha



Here is a more frightening view with a bunch of this's and that's including the ol farmer tractor.




And more of the same. Joel uses whatever is handy for the purpose at hand.





See what I mean? Old pallets,wood, and pvc pipe, oh yeah and tires.








Raspberries!!






More Corn.








More raspberries...










Rubarb. YUMMY!!!










Guess what this is? The compost pile. While I was cleaning the yard off the other day so I could mow. I found a waist high contain of old wet coffee grounds that he has collected for something???










More Rubard. Anyone want strawberry rubarb pie?












This is an upside down tomato grower. I think the tomatoes are confused~they arent doing so well. Oh wait~maybe because there is more rain than sun..














Tools of the trade!













An arbor he built out of this and that!
































His mothers favorite flowers.



















The quakies are really getting tall..















Oops! Got the same picture twice and I didnt know how to remove it. So you aren't really seeing double.



















These flowers we planted about 4 years ago in two or three clumps. They have seeded themselves and are just beautiful this year probably because of the rain. Notice I have been weeding. Also I tried to keep it a tight shot so as not to distract from the flowers. The outer perimeter is very interesting. I would have to show you the cow that is grazing in the front yard due to no interested parties in mowing it. Oh well! Got to love it. At least I have grass. For so many years I didnt. So there you have it. Right as I am complaining I am into gratitude. God bless America~~










































1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow you're getting good at this!The flowers are beautiful!